The Proposal is located in the Pilbara region of Western Australia within a development envelope of 20,821 ha and clearing no more than 1,564 ha.
Onslow Infraco Pty Ltd (herein MRL a wholly owned subsidiary of Mineral Resources Limited) is proposing to develop:
• A fully sealed private haul road, approximately 125km in length
• Gas pipeline and ancillary haul road infrastructure.
• Storage and bulk handling of ore at the Port of Ashburton.
• Dredging a dedicated berthing pocket adjacent to the existing Material Offloading Facility and offshore disposal of dredge spoil to existing spoil disposal areas.
• A modular jetty wharf and ship loader.
• Use of five offshore anchorage areas for transhipment of ore to Ocean Going Vessels and
• Ancillary landside infrastructure.
Within the port; landside and marine facilities will be developed to support export of up to 40 million tonnes of ore per annum (Mtpa) over a minimum 30-year period. The proposal is located within an area of existing pastoral, mining, and industrial use.