The purpose of this Statement is to communicate how, for the purposes of environmental impact assessment, the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA)
- considers the object and principles of the Environmental Protection Act 1986 (the Act)
- provide the aims of EIA
- uses environmental factors and objectives to guide EIA
- considers significance throughout the EIA process
- takes a holistic view of the environment and a proposal potential impact on the environment
- considers cumulative effects when assessing a proposal potential impact on the environment.
- provide detail on the mitigation hierarchy
In the current version (Version 5.0), the Statement has been updated to reflect the revised Greenhouse Gas Emissions factor objective.
December 13, 2016
April 5, 2023
Guidelines and procedures: