The advice and reference material category contains policies, advice and other documents which primarily relate to the EPA’s functions outside of EIA. Document types are separated into two groups in this category.
EPA advice on environmental matters
This is a broad category drawn together under the heading ‘EPA advice on environmental matters’, produced in accordance with the EPA’s functions under Part II of the EP Act. This includes documents which provide advice, policy, standards, guidance and technical materials on the avoidance or mitigation of environmental impacts, and documents intended for other purposes that are relevant to environmental protection.
- Strategic advice (s.16(e))
- Advice on environmental matters (s 16 (i) and s 16 (j))
- Guidance for planning and development
- Technical reports and environmental management studies (s. 16(c) (o) (p))
The reference material category contains reference documents that the EPA has produced in the conduct of its business and Government documents adopted for use in EIA. The three categories of documents are:
- Government policies and guidance
- State environmental policies (SEPs)
- Advice on the state's environment