Hanson Australia Pty Ltd (formerly Rocla Pty Ltd) proposes to extract sand within Bush Forever Site 390, on mining tenements M70/1142 and M70/1088 approximately 20km South of Perth at Lot 467 Jandakot Road, Banjup (City of Cockburn).
The proposal would include:
- a development envelope of 9.56 hectares (ha), including 5.63 ha that has been historically cleared;
- clearing of 3.93 ha of native vegetation;
- sand extraction of 300,000 tonnes over a period of approximately three years;
- dry screening of sand material onsite;
- an internal access road connecting the site to Lot 140 Armadale Road, Jandakot; and
- rehabilitation of 11.31 ha with native vegetation post sand extraction.