The proposed Coral Coast Resort is proposed to be constructed in 4 Stages over a 20 year period.
Stage 1 is proposed to be scheduled over 5 years and includes the following components:
- 'club resort' ( 400 rooms);
- caravan park (175 bays, 75 chalets);
- back packer hostel (60 beds);
- serviced apartments/townhouses (80 units);
- Visitor Centre, to be run by the Department of Conservation and Land Management;
- a Town Centre, including shopping plaza, retail outlets, tavern, parking facilities, administration buildings, serviced apartments and a visitor and research centre;
- administration facilities;
- a Country Club and 18 hole golf course;
- sports and recreation ground;
- an inland excavated marina (45 ha in area, 3.5 metres deep) protected by 3 off-shore breakwater structures, and associated boat moorings and pens;
- approximately 350 single residential lots, 110 single dwellings, 25 strata dwellings, referred to as the 'West Marina Estate';
- a service I light industrial area; and
- provision of water, sewer and electrical facilities.
Stage 2 is proposed over a 10 year period and would include:
- a 'resort' hotel and convention centre (250 rooms);
- extension to the back packer hostel (additional 60 beds);
- additional 25 serviced apartments/townhouses :
- extension to the Town Centre facilities;
- a school complex;
- extension to the existing administration facilities;
- approximately 300 single residential lots, 130 single dwellings, referred to as the 'East Marina Estate';
- an extension to the service /light industrial area, and water power and electrical facilities.
Extensions to the Town Centre, administration and school facilities, residential dwellings and service facilities are proposed over a 15 to 20 year time period. It is, in effect, a new town site as no development cunently exists on the site.
An artificially constructed coral garden is also proposed within the marina water body, however it is unclear at this stage when this would be constructed.