The purpose of this guideline is to communicate how the factor Air Quality is considered by the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) in the environmental impact assessment (EIA) process.
Specifically, the guideline:
- describes Air Quality
- explains the associated objective
- describes how this factor links with other environmental factors
- describes EIA considerations for this factor
- discusses the environmental values of good air quality, and their significance
- identifies activities that may be considered under this factor
- provides a summary of the type of information that may be required by the EPA to undertake EIA related to this factor.
- describes issues commonly encountered by the EPA during EIA of this factor.
In the current version (Version 2.0), the guideline has been updated to remove references to greenhouse gas emissions as Greenhouse Gas Emissions is now a separate environmental factor.