The purpose of this guideline is to communicate how the factor Greenhouse Gas Emissions is considered by the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) in the environmental impact assessment (EIA) process.
Specifically, the guideline:
- describes why the EPA has published the guideline
- outlines how EPA guidelines are applied
- provides background on the Greenhouse Gas Emissions factor
- identifies activities that may be considered under this factor
- describes how this factor links with other environmental factors
- outlines when the EPA may apply this guideline
- describes EIA considerations for this factor
- provides a summary of the information required by the EPA to undertake EIA related to this factor (including consideration of scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions)
- outlines periodic public reporting requirements
- identifies issues commonly encountered by the EPA during EIA of this factor
- outlines the timeframes for reviewing this guideline.