This proposal relates to constructing and operating a heavy mineral sands mining operation on the Dampier Peninsula, approximately 95 kilometres north east of Broome and 75 kilometres west of Derby and transporting the products produced to the ports of Broome and Derby for export.
Attachment 1 to Ministerial Statement 1080
• Export of bulk products via Broome in addition to Derby
• Increase of the number of journeys per day between the Mine Site and Broome.
• Inclusion of the amount of bulk mineral sand products in Mega tonnes per annum
being exported from the Port of Broome in Table 2.
• Removal of the amount of storage for packaged mineral sand products at Broome
Port from Table 2.
• A 30 ha Increase in clearing for infrastructure and a 30 ha decrease in clearing for
Changes approved under s.45C on 8 November 2022.