The purpose of this guideline is to outline how the factor Flora and Vegetation is considered by the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) in the environmental impact assessment (EIA) process.
Specifically, the guideline:
- describes the factor Flora and Vegetation and explains the associated objective
- describes EIA considerations for this factor
- discusses the environmental values of flora and vegetation, and their significance
- describes issues commonly encountered by the EPA during EIA of this factor
- identifies activities that can impact on flora and vegetation
- provides a summary of the type of information that may be required by the EPA to undertake EIA related to this factor.