The Point Grey Project is proposed as a new residential and holiday settlement.
It is proposed to cover a total area of 1,083 ha and include:
- the Thomas Peel College a 50 ha site, which would include associated administration buildings, sports and recreation facilities and student and staff residential accommodation for approximately 1,080 people;
- residential nodes - 2,820 lots covering an area of 469 ha. Blocks would vary in size between 700 and 1,200 square metres, be serviced by reticulated water, deep sewerage and roads, and accommodate 7,200 people;
- approximately 300 special residential living lots, covering an area of 400 ha, with blocks between 1 and 1.5 ha in size. These will be serviced with septic tanks and the area will accommodate 770 people;
- tourist and Holiday accommodation sites 1 covering an area of 60 ha;
- an 18 hole golf course;
- shopping, education and associated community infrastructure; and
- foreshore and recreation reserves.
The Authority considers that at this time Point Grey is not suitable for a development of the scale proposed by Mallina Holdings and is unlikely to be so unless solutions are at hand which would manage environmental problems currently experienced in the area.