The purpose of this guideline is to communicate how the factor Social Surroundings is considered by the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) in the environmental impact assessment (EIA) process.
Specifically, the guideline:
- defines the factor Social Surroundings and explains the associated objective
- describes EIA considerations for this factor
- describes issues commonly encountered by the EPA during EIA of this factor
- identifies activities that can impact social surroundings
- provides a summary of the type of information required by the EPA to undertake EIA related to this factor.