27 September 2005Details:
The following proposals have been submitted. The following levels of assessment have been assigned.
The EPA will formally assess these projects.The developer must provide detailed information about the projects ' environmental impacts.
PUBLIC ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEW
1. Bungaroo Iron Ore Trial Mining Operation, Mining Lease AML70/00248, 35 km south south east of Pannawonica Shire of Ashburton . (4 week public review period).
2. Southdown Magnetite Project - Mine, pipelines and port loading facilities, 10 km south west of Wellstead and 90 km north east of Albany. (8 week public review period).
3. Albany Port Authority Port Expansion as part of the Southdown Magnetite Project. (8 week public review period).
4. Centauri 1 Power Station and Coal Seam Methane Extraction, approx 10km north east of Dongara Shire of Irwin . (8 week public review period).
STRATEGIC ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT
5. Smiths Beach Development Plan Busselton . (8 week public review period).
NOT ASSESSED - PUBLIC ADVICE GIVEN AND MANAGED UNDER PART V OF EP ACT (Works Approval)
The EPA will not formally assess these projects but will give publicly available advice to help the developers and relevant agencies to ensure that the projects are environmentally acceptable.
6. Establishment of the WA Livestock Centre - Sale Yards Lots 12 & 13 Muchea East Road & Lot 1327 Wandena Road Chittering .
7. Public Environmental Review: Pilbara Iron Ore and Infrastructure Project; Cloudbreak Iron Ore Mine, FMG Ltd. Document available at www.fmgl.com.au/info_per-cbironoremine.html, or by telephoning 9266 0111. (24.10.05).
8. Strategic Environmental Review: Woodman Point Wastewater Treatment Plant - Management of Odour - Water Corporation. Document available at www.watercorporation.com.au or by telephoning 9420 2587. (22.11.05).
9. Environmental Review and Management Programme: Gorgon Development (Barrow Island) - Gorgon Venturers. Document available at www.gorgon.com.au, by telephoning 08 9216 4000 or through email@example.com. (21.11.05).Status: