19 September 2005Details:
The following proposals have been submitted for assessment. The following levels have been assigned.
The EPA will formally assess these projects. The developer must provide detailed information about the projects' environmental impacts.
PROPOSAL UNLIKELY TO BE ENVIRONMENTALLY ACCEPTABLE (PUEA)
The following proposal has been determined by the EPA as unlikely to be able to meet the EPA's environmental objectives. The EPA has published a statement of reasons for its decision at www.epa.wa.gov.au. Appeal rights exist on this level of assessment.
1. Expansion of Jurien Gypsum Mining Operation ML70/1161, Jurien Bay.
CHANGE TO ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS (S46-No appeals)
2. Gas Pipeline to Nifty Copper Operations, Great Sandy Desert.
NOT ASSESSED - PUBLIC ADVICE GIVEN
The EPA will not formally assess this project but will give publicly available advice to help the developers and relevant agencies to ensure that the project is environmentally acceptable.
3. Water Pipeline and Dam Reserve 24816 Caves Road, Augusta.
4. Wungong Catchment Environment and Water Management Project. (Bulletin 1196). (Advice under Section 16(e) of the EP Act, no appeal rights).
5. Public Environmental Review: Pilbara Iron Ore and Infrastructure Project; Cloudbreak Iron Ore Mine, Fortesque Metals Group Limited. Document available at www.fmgl.com.au/info_per-cbironoremine.html, or by contacting Diane Dowdell on 9266 0111. (24.10.05).
6. Environmental Review and Management Programme: Gorgon Development (Barrow Island) - Gorgon Venturers. Document available at www.gorgon.com.au, by telephoning 08 9216 4000 or through email@example.com. (21.11.05).Status: