2 August 2005Details:
The following proposals have been submitted for assessment. The following levels have been assigned.
The EPA will formally assess these projects. The developer must provide detailed information about the projects' environmental impacts.
ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION STATEMENT (Intention)
The EPA advises that it is intending to set a level of assessment of Environmental Protection Statement (EPS) for the proposal described below. Anyone interested in this project should contact the proponent (Mr G Price, BHP Billiton Iron Ore on 9320 4444) if they require information, or wish to be part of the consultative process. There are no appeal rights at this time, but appeals will be available when the level of assessment has finally been determined and advertised.
- BHP Billiton Iron Ore - Orebody 25 Extension 8 km north east of Newman, Pilbara Region.
NOT ASSESSED - PUBLIC ADVICE GIVEN - MANAGED UNDER PART V OF EP ACT (Clearing)
The EPA will not formally assess these projects but will give publicly available advice to help the developers and relevant agencies to ensure that the projects are environmentally acceptable.
- Mitchell Freeway extension (Stage 1) - clearing of approximately 27 hectares Hodges Drive to Shenton Avenue.
NOT ASSESSED - PUBLIC ADVICE GIVEN
3. Pretty Pool and Cemetery Beach Redevelopment, Port Hedland.
4. Environmental Review and Management Programme: Worsley Alumina Efficiency & Growth Increase of Existing Operations to 4.4MTPA Alumina Production - Worsley Alumina Pty Ltd. Document available at www.wapl.com.au or by contacting Jackie Chivers telephone 9726 6811, Worsley Alumina Pty Ltd PO Box 344 Collie 6225. (1.8.05)
5. Public Environmental Review: Riverslea Subdivision (Sussex Locations 9002 and 9101), Margaret River; Greendene Development Corporation Pty Ltd. Document available from Amanda Fay Communications, 9758 7177, Suite 12 Reef Centre, 33 Fearn Avenue, Margaret River WA 6285; or at www.epa.wa.gov.au under Proponent Documents Currently Open For Public Comment. (22.8.05)
6. Public Environmental Review: Coburn Mineral Sand Project, Shark Bay, Gunson Resources Ltd. Document available at www.gunson.com.au, or by contacting URS Australia reception on 9221 1630, Level 3, 20 Terrace Road, East Perth WA 6004. (29.8.05)
7. Draft Environmental Protection Authority Guidance Statement No. 33: Environmental Guidance for Planning and Development. Document available at www.epa.wa.gov.au, or from Penny Williams, on 9222 7186. (1.5.06)Status: