27 July 2009Details:
The following proposals have been submitted. The following assessment levels have been assigned.
FORMAL ASSESSMENT - The EPA will formally assess these projects.
PUBLIC ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEW
1. Anketell Point Port – West Pilbara Iron Ore Project, Shire of Roebourne. (8 week public review period)
ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION STATEMENT (EPS) - EPS document available at http://www.westernareas.com.au/phoenix.zhtml?c=169423&p=irol-spotted
2. Spotted Quoll open pit nickel mine (part of Forrestania Nickel Project) approx 160 km S of Southern Cross.
NOT ASSESSED – PUBLIC ADVICE GIVEN - MANAGED UNDER PART V OF EP ACT (Clearing)
3. Bandy Ck Weir Construction & Riverbank Stabilisation, Shire of Esperance.
4. Spotted Quoll Open Pit Nickel Mine. (Report 1334).
5. Draft State Environmental (Ambient Air) Policy 2009. Available at www.epa.wa.gov.au or phone 6467 5523. Submissions to: Minister for Environment, State Environmental (Ambient Air) Policy Response, 10th Floor Dumas House, 2 Havelock Street, West Perth WA 6005. (7.8.09)
6. Public Environmental Review. Roy Hill 1 Iron Ore Mining Project Stage 1, 110km north of Newman. Roy Hill Iron Ore Pty Ltd. Document available at: www.smec.com.au/royhillper (10.8.09).
7. Public Environmental Review. Koolyanobbing Iron Ore Project – Mt Jackson J1 Deposit. Cliffs Asia Pacific Iron Ore Pty Ltd. Document available at www.cliffsnaturalresources.com/Operations/AsiaPacific (31.08.09).
8. Public Environmental Review. Bluewaters Power Station Phases III and IV. Griffin Power 3 Pty Ltd. Document available at: www.griffinenergy.com.au (07.09.09)
9. Discussion Paper – Options for the review of the Environmental Protection (Kwinana) (Atmospheric Wastes) Policy 1999. Document available at www. epa.wa.gov.au or phone 6467 5148. Submissions to: Environmental Protection Authority, Locked Bag 33, Cloisters Square WA 6850 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (11.9.09)Status: