11 August 2003Details:
The following proposals have been submitted for assessment. The following levels have been assigned.
ASSESSED - ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEW REQUIRED
The EPA will be formally assessing the following scheme amendment (no appeal rights).
1. Shire of Busselton TPS 20 Amendment 56 rezone from Tourist and Additional Use to Special Purposes (Tourist & Residential) Sussex Loc 413 Smiths Beach Road Yallingup.
NOT ASSESSED - PUBLIC ADVICE GIVEN
The EPA will not formally assess these projects but will give publicly available advice to help the developers and relevant agencies ensure that the projects are environmentally acceptable.
2. Upgrading of six intersections of Bussell Highway (60.6 - 90.7 SLK) between Vasse and Margaret River.
3. Ellendale 9 Diamond Project expansion 140 km east of Derby West Kimberley Region.
NOT ASSESSED - NO ADVICE GIVEN
The EPA will not formally assess this project but expects the developers and relevant agencies to ensure that it is environmentally acceptable.
4. Lower Helena pipeline DN760 main upgrade downstream of the Helena Pipehead Dam Lower Helena Valley.
5. Outdoor Entertainment Venue Lots 1 and 2 Toodyay Road, Red Hill. (Bulletin 1104)
6. Clearing of up to 950 hectares of native vegetation for agriculture: Victoria Location 10883, Shire of Carnamah. (Bulletin 1105)
7. Environmental Advice on the Principle of Locating a Gas Processing Complex on Barrow Island Nature Reserve. (Bulletin 1101, advice under Section 16e of the EP Act). Bulletin 1101 is part of a package titled: Consideration of Access to Barrow Island for Gas Development, which also contains advice from the Conservation Commission and the Department of Industry and Resources. (12.08.03)